Pages

Monday 26 June 2023

Monday in Melbz

And so I return to my normal blog, after using my website blog for the last two weeks for my Police Point Residency and my arrival in Melbourne – visit that here.


After a leisurely start to the day (after all, it has been a very busy couple of weeks!) I caught a tram to Fitzroy to visit Darn CheapFabrics, where I found a few treasures. A wide sequin band - perfect for decorating boots, some crinoline material, and a super gawdjuss double sided silver/gold metallic polyester. I think it is going to pleat and shibori-shape up beautifully, and might be useful in this weeks workshop ‘Metal Cloth to the Max’. The lovely Kim there also gave me some secret-squirrel tips on colouring it.



I’m glad I checked my map when I did – Deans Art was just down the road, and here I found a set of beautiful gem-coloured Japanese metallic water colours – just what I was looking for! I headed back into town and was looking for somewhere to hang out for a while, and I was pleased to stumble across The Joint, where I indulged in their Beer and Bao special. I actually sat outside – there were moments of sun – as it was great to be watching the city and hearing those trams go past – ding ding! One last stop at Seniors Art, where I found some Walnut Ink, and it was homeward bound – believe it or not, that was Monday gone!



Another pack up tomorrow, and I head off to Ballarat, only an hour and a half away.

No comments:

Post a Comment