Pages

Tuesday 4 July 2023

Leaving Ballarat

It's hard to believe that this time last night I was with everyone at Fibre Arts Ballarat, and now I'm in a motel in Albury. The last day of class on Monday was very cruisy. I just went with the flow, totally without plan, and was pleased with the result. 




 Here is the class photo:
They were a great bunch of ladies to work with - all immersed themselves in the workshop and boldy experimented with the new materials and techniques:












I left Ballarat in good time for the day's journey, but ran into a bit of a problem about an hour in. I had pulled off the main road to look at a creek running past an old mill, and parked on the grass to be off the private road. However, the ground turned out to be solid clay with a layer of grass and water on it, so I found myself in trouble.




Despite my best efforts, I ended up having to be pulled out by rope by a passer by I persuaded to help me. Back on the road, it was a stop off in Bendigo to see the Cloak exhibition, with Catherine O'Leary's work being the highlight of that.





Next stop was Wangaratta Gallery to see the Contemporary Textile  Art Award. I'm too tired to write about it now, but I have some thoughts on art that simply includes some textiles as opposed to that which is created by someone who is skilled in working with textiles as their main medium.





So that was day one of the drive home - it's time to get some sleep now ready for day two.

No comments:

Post a Comment