Pages

Tuesday 11 January 2022

Algalrhythms Opening at Warwick


We'd travelled out the two hours to Warwick on Friday afternoon to settle in and relax before the opening on Saturday afternoon. We had a great little Air BNB - an apartment in an old house, and my sister and mother occupied another.  

Off in search off refreshments, we struggled even to find our way into the pub (back entrance only as per COVID) and I struggled to produce evidence of vaccination. Finally, cold beers and bubbles in hand, we had some good laughs, then dinner, before 'crashing' Mum and Kiri's apartment for some more giggles.

On Saturday morning Matt presented me with coffee, and a beautiful ring - I guess at nineteen years together it's an eternity ring? We spent the morning op-shopping, until it was time to get ready for the opening. Unfortunately Janet de Boer was unable to be the Guest Speaker doing the official opening as planned, but I had brought Karina an outlandish hat and scarf to don as she read Janet's speech, in order to channel the Janet presence - it worked!
Some special people made the journey which was very kind of them - I knew Jenelle and Sue were coming, but it was a wonderful surprise to see the magnificent Phillipa Rooke rock up!


So, numbers were down because of the plague, but it was a very enjoyable afternoon, accompanied by delightful noms made by Barbara.


  
My heartfelt thanks to those who supported me on the day, and to those I know are planning to make it at a later date in These Strange Times. I'll keep you posted on the travels on Algalryhthms.

No comments:

Post a Comment