Pages

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Textile Art Academy 2013

The Textile Art Academy began this week at St Peters' Lutheran College, Indooroopilly. As the website states, "The  Academy is a visual and creative art school offering five, three, two, and one day workshops across an incredible array of specialties. It will be held from Monday 24th to Sunday 30th June, 2013. This week long event will include a comprehensive program with some of the tutors visiting Brisbane for the first time. Visitors are welcome to drop by any time during the week and especially on Open Day (Sunday 30th) when there will be lots to see and do."
One of the things to see is a display of my work in the Traders Hall, ranging from Fimbria Figura from the World of WearableArt 2011 to Siren of the Sea, to devore printed and dyed silk scarves.

Fimbria Figura

Siren of the Sea


I set up there on Monday, and returned today for a look around and an enjoyable session of sipping champagne in the sun with Ms Janet de Boer - a most enjoyable way to spend the day! When I arrived, I was happy to see some of my favourite felters in my gallery space, and took the opportunity to invite them to the Grand Opening of StudioSvenja. Yes, the date has been set, the 27th July. It's a Saturday afternoon, there'll be bubbles and nibbles, and an official ribbon cutting ceremony by the aforementioned Janet de Boer at 5pm. Note the date, peoples!!

StudioSvenja design for the door!
Amongst all of this activity, I have been enjoying some good creative time in my beautiful studio. Having sorted and tidied away all my lace treasures from Wendy Makin, I kept some scraps of silk out, and have been playing with some stitching, fraying and dyeing. It's such a joy to play with silk, and I love the way the taffetas and dupions fray....



No comments:

Post a Comment