Pages

Monday 2 February 2015

Dyeing Days

Two months left for the World of WearableArt deadline! Late last year I had to shelve a design I had already put at least a month's work into, and started designing for a section themed on architecture. I thought I was going quite well, until feedback from my critics indicated that no, it really wasn't working. So I've stripped it back, and will be letting loose on it with my natural aesthetic of flowing lines - clearly, I cannot be constrained!! Yes, I've lost some time and some materials, and now have some rather strange constructions I don't know what to do with, but I tried. I've also come up with an idea for the Weta Workshop section, this year themed 'Other Worlds', where we are invited to "Invent the imaginary and mythical creatures or the inhabitants who dwell in surreal realms'. Well, two ideas, actually! Sigh. I should have just started here in the first place, back working in leather, which I am loving! So the loungeroom once again looks like a workshop, with pieces of leather in piles, leather soaking in the bath, and drying leather strapped around mannequins with stockings. One of the pieces may also include this amazing sequinned fabric in my stash- you should hear it move, too!

Unfortunately, my hand is not loving any of it, and remains strapped up after I heard that there are no signs of the bone mending, and after it started doing a dance all by itself after a hard couple of days in the studio. And the gym. Well, what's a girl to do?! I can't sit around not making anything and getting fat and unfit!!! I did decide to give the paw a break yesterday, and do some lighter tasks. After a leisurely start to the day, with some guilt free reading and a nice breakfast out, I enjoyed making a mess in the wet studio and did quite a few dye batches on these devore silk scarves and silk charmeuse camisoles. The colours are rich, but the sheen of the silk just brings them alive into lusciousness!! These will be for sale in my etsy shop (currently devoid of all items - sigh, yet another task to get on to) and on my tour around Australia starting in May.




No comments:

Post a Comment