Pages

Monday 13 October 2014

Post Brisbane Craft & Quilt Show

Well, the kombi is now unpacked after two trips home from the Convention Centre last night, and it's time to catch up on all the emails and paperwork. As I said in my previous post, it was an action-packed 5 days, where I caught up with many old friends and met plenty of new! One of the most popular garments at my display was this dress, (left) which some of you have seen here before, when I made it as my sister's birthday gift! It was in the studio for a minor alteration, and she had no idea I had taken it in for display, but after the first two days I felt compelled to tell her of it's whereabouts! Thanks to Debbie Gilchrist for taking the photo of me at my stand (right).

I had a lot of inquiries regarding workshops, and I directed many to this site, where you will see the pages dedicated to the workshops I have on offer to groups who wish to have me come out to them. For example, the Precious Fragment Wrap, (image right) which is a two day workshop for felters with some experience. For those that are not part of a group, keep checking back here, as if I do organise any of my own workshops, you'll hear it first here!
Again, I thank Expertise Events for garnering some excellent media exposure - here is yet another article promoting my presence at the show.                                                                                                                          

I also spent a lot of time talking to people about the World of WearableArt, which I have just had my work shown in for the sixth time. I was again this year fortunate enough to have been a recipient of an award, an acquisitive prize, meaning that my work has now been purchased for the museum collection. I still feel that a lot of people don't know much about this amazing event, or the concept in general, but it is my passion to promote awareness of it, and I handed out quite a few 2015 entry kits to some budding designers! Not that I really want the extra competition...!!!
Speaking of WOW, I have had a few more pics turn up from last month - here I am on the awards night, talking to the legendary Sue Holmes, and with Matt.

Some of you may know that it is Princess Week here - (my birthday is on Friday)! I just know it's going to be a fabulous week, culminating in lunch with my Maman and Susta on Friday, followed by some form of pancakes on the weekend with the boyz. That's right, boys, PANCAKES!! Pleeeaase?!

No comments:

Post a Comment