Pages

Monday 21 October 2013

Princess Week



Last week was another busy week, with the highlight on Thursday being Princess Day (my birthday!) Beginning in the morning with a beautiful gift of his and hers Venetian fretwork masks from Matt, my mother presented me with this giant box of goodies before we went to lunch together. After a lovely afternoon, I had to reassemble myself for dinner with ‘da udder Bunnehs’ at Stokehouse, Southbank.. It was a truly lovely evening.


The next day, I enjoyed a birthday  visit from my sister, before heading into the Convention Centre to attend the ATASDA stall at the Craft Fair,where I enjoyed an afternoon with Sharyn Hall, also planning our trip on behalf of ATASDA to Toowoomba in the morning. Picking up Lyn Baxter on the way, the Trio of Trouble was reunited! We enjoyed meeting new people and talking textiles at the Masonic Hall in Toowoomba, which had a beautiful pressed metal ceiling.
I was delighted to meet Helen Stumkat, felter extraordinaire, as well as many other textile enthusiasts.  On the way home, we stopped off at DanishFlower Art, where there was an abundance of beads, crystals and all sorts of shiny goodness!
They also had a collection of animals, including this funky looking rooster, guinea fowls, peacocks and geese, as well as a large collection of gourds to purchase. Not to mention this amazing book on gourd art – Oh Bunneh!!!!!

I also took a photo of my shadow – this is something my mother has been doing for quite some time, and I was inspired to take a shot of my elongated shadow, enhanced by my fabulous platform boots!

A quick word on Sunday – we went on a car run with the East Coast Muscle Car Club to the Grandview Hotel at Cleveland. The highlight of this trip was the petting zoo, which had a crazy baby piglet, a duck with hair like Elvis, a shit-stirring poddy calf and countless cute goats which I wanted to take home with me!
Back to work today, working on my design assignment, this blog (updating to include workshop outlines, after quite a bit of interest on the weekend, as well as now including buttons on how to follow posts - check them out!) and designing new business cards. It's never quiet around here! But how much do I love working in my studio? Let me count the ways....














No comments:

Post a Comment