Pages

Monday 7 March 2022

Warwick Wrap-up

 Algalrhythms (I will choose a much easier to spell name for my next exhibition) has been languishing at home for the last few weeks, fortunately escaping the flooding we had that threatened my studio, but next week is to be installed at Gympie Regional Gallery, which also seems to have escaped the water.

I recently received some professional photos taken by Samantha Bennett of the exhibition at Warwick Gallery, as well as some of the media articles generated. It will be interesting to see how it looks in another space, and to see if the installation process is just as easy or perhaps more complicated? 





Ahhh, the media - they do love a profile picture - it's the human element, they tell me. I gave journalists full access to my Dropbox folder of all the exhibition images and some of me. It's always interesting to see which ones they pick, and sometimes it informs where I place the works the next time.
For once I haven't been horribly misquoted - this is the joy in providing your own written words via media release rather than doing interviews. And flatteringly, I feel like the journalists all understood the intent of the work anyway.





No comments:

Post a Comment