Pages

Monday 24 September 2018

WOW 2018 begins!

It's WOW 2018 week, amongst other events. We'll be in Wellington for Matt's very special birthday on Thursday, so seeing as I couldn't really take my present for him over to give him, I decided to cook him a nice meal and present it to him this weekend. I'm not sure what made me decide on this idea - but what else do you give a man who has everything he needs? And how best to show your  love for someone? By spending time making a special gift. I chose this photo taken (by ButterCream Portaiture)  at our wedding (three years ago this week) as I thought it was already a good strong composition to work from. After several attempts of gridding up, I finally worked out how to begin.....


I was so glad it was a surprise - I thought he might have twigged. It was a struggle sometimes to come up with something when he asked me what I'd done with my day...
It's been a really interesting experience. 
He also gets this very blingy, very low-cut shirt to wear!

Right now, I should be packing for WOW, so I'll make this brief. Here is my outfit of 2-way sequins on velvet for awards night - with matching hair clips in my braided mohawk, and below, behold the pink velvet coat with matching thigh high boots. This was a dressing gown from an op-shop I just found the other day in my mending basket - the exact same colour as the boots. I added a collar in Chinese-style brocade, and found a frog closure in the stash - also the exact same colour! This is going to be one incredible outfit!


 OK, gotta go pack! See you soon, my WOW family!



No comments:

Post a Comment