Pages

Friday 7 September 2018

The Svenja Bus


For those of you who remember the ‘90’s, you may remember this catchy number, which became a bit of a theme song for the Svenja Bus! One of my favourite memories is of leaving Eagle Farm Tafe (or whatever they were calling it then – TAFE like a good name change) pulling up to my classmates at the bustop, opening the door, and asking who wanted a lift to the pub! Those were the days! Here's a couple of pics with both Storm and I in our original condition - leaving home to go and live on Mt Tambourine, down at Byron Bay with my TAFE mates April and Heidi - where are you now, girls? - and in the line-up at Stokers Siding.
Storm is finally getting his makeover, and having him move up here and into Matt’s shed after losing the off-site storage has been a real bonus for getting me motivated – he’s right there! Last month I got the bumpers, wheels and roof painted, then it has taken me most of this week to mask it in reverse – I’ve never been good at wrapping presents, and this is the trickiest one yet! I bought a new 50m roll tape yesterday and finished it off this morning.
 As I was doing a final sand on a door, a small chunk of bog lifted out! GAH! I’d been out there since 5:30 getting prepared, and this threatened to stuff up the whole job – I only had my awesome assistant Matt for a few hours, and had to worry about the wind picking up as well. At first I was tragic – it was all over – but then realised I could just leave that door out, as I would have plenty of paint left for another session. Back to plan A, and finished by 10.  Not too bad – a little ‘orange peel’ – and a few repairs highlighted by the fresh coat – it’s all a learning experience. Luckily, I had planned for my inexperience by creating this design, which should hide most of the flaws.
I can't wait to be back out in this beast!! Watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment