Pages

Friday 26 July 2013

StudioSvenja is ready!!

Tomorrow is the big day, and we have spent all week preparing, tidying up the house and garden, hanging fairy lights, making noms, and oh yes, deciding this morning to make a new dress to wear!! I'm looking forward to fully decorating tomorrow - I'm already facing Fimbria Figura in the lounge, and Siren of the Sea is languishing on the front verandah....
Oooh, did I mention the good news? I have made it through the next round of the World of WearableArt, and will definitely be on the catwalk - my fifth time! After an anxious day last week waiting for the news, I finally got the word at 3pm, and proceeded to book flights and hotel - yahooooo!! 2 months until that treat!
Stay tuned for all the news on the opening tomorrow, the World of Wearable Art, my studies at TAFE and the Pam de Groot workshop in felting and botanical dyeing next week. Happy Weekend all!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being accepted into the next stage of the WA........have a great day celebrating the opening of your studio......

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¡Felicidades mi amiga! I am so happy for you. Although I never doubted that anything you create would at the very least land on stage – that's a no-brainer. Unfortunately Paul and I won't be able to make the show this year, but we'll both be rooting for you from Mexico. I can't wait to see this Svenja creation. Please do send me a photo when you think it's OK to do so. I promise not to share it with anyone in the whole world:)

    Again, congrats! All appendages are crossed in luck for you.
    abrazos fuertes,
    Wendy

    PS: and of course hugs from afar for Matt and Paul as well:)

    ReplyDelete