Pages

Saturday 16 October 2021

Algalrhythms has successfully opened on King Island, the place that inspired each and every work in it. Helen and Karryn did a wonderful job of hanging it, and all suggestions were implemented. 

Beautiful noms were provided by Salt & Thyme – they were truly wonderful mouthfuls of delicate and interesting flavour combinations – bravo! 


I’ve not had the opportunity to get much feedback on my work over the past few years, so it was lovely to hear it being so well received – watching Janet gasp her way through the rooms made my heart sing! Peter was kind enough to video call Matt so he was able to watch the opening as it happened. 

It is really wonderful to see all the works together, and particularly to see the leather sculpture in the foyer – I have never had the space to see it. I’m really happy with the foyer – especially the wonderful piece of wood that I was able to drape my felted work over – just perfect! Even the big pink shipping box has been incorporated into the gallery!



After a few more bubbles I was in bed by 11:30, and back out on the kelp tracks in the morning. It was bitterly cold and windy, but the rougher weather over the last few days meant there had been some nice fresh kelp thrown up. 






Tomorrow we are planning on going to the new King Island Brewhouse to celebrate my birthday, and Helen’s! The next post will feature images of the work in the exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment