Pages

Wednesday 23 October 2019

Treasures in the Tideline

After a month of being out of action - flat on my back style - I was finally much improved, and hosting international guests! Our big day out was a trip to Maleny, where I snuck in a quick surprise visit with a wonderful friend, Laina (we shared a house together on Mt Tamborine many years ago!). I'm not sure who was more excited! (wish we'd taken a photo!)
After a wonderful lunch at Maisie's on the Noosa River, we came home via the coast road and stopped in to what seems like my second, or perhaps spiritual home, Caloundra. Whilst our guests explored and chatted to locals, I rummaged in the tideline, finding bluebottle bladders, spinifex, and all sorts of seaweed. With only 6 weeks until I land on King Island to study its coastal treasures, I felt I should get some practice in, and here is what I found.






Losing your health and mobility puts many things into perspective, and I have to admit that I lost a certain sense of self and purpose during my enforced down-time. Fortunately, it returned almost as soon as my mobility, but I have taken note!

No comments:

Post a Comment