Pages

Sunday 28 October 2018

Painting a van and a photo shoot

It’s hard to believe that exactly one month ago we were at WOW – already it seems so long ago! Since then, painting the kombi has been the priority, and it is getting very close to completion.

The house is an absolute shambles, as our bathroom and laundry remain stripped after a burst water pipe when we were in NZ, and as work begins in earnest on new pieces. With the floor covered in patterns, and with grilled cheese the only thing on the menu, I knew Matt would be well aware that the cycle had begun again! Number one at the moment is a piece for Wearable Art Mandurah, for the Movement category, the one I bought 1kg of ostrich feathers for! Also the reason I am looking at fibre optics......
Yesterday we had a photo shoot for Lichen Morphology, winner of the paperonskin competition in Tasmania early this year, and magic happened. Having met neither the photographer or the model before, it was wonderful to see how they instinctively worked together – he was able to direct her perfectly, and she had such natural grace – I was more than happy to stand back and let it happen! The light was amazing too, and I cannot wait to see the results! Many, many thanks to Athos Nisio and Ellen Linning, and of course, where would I be without my very own designer wrangler, Matt Pettigrew?! Seen below happily keeping out of the way once it had all begun. I couldn't do this without him dealing with so many of the bits and pieces, and of course, keeping me sane. Ish.
Many thanks also to Hope for letting us use her fabulous rusty shed on her property!


Melbourne Cup looms, and although I am not a fan and wish everyone would dress up every day without the need for horses running themselves ragged, I am happy to be dressing a couple of ladies for some events. Sandra will be wearing a piece from my Morphology Exhibition, and Emily has had a custom wrap and headpiece made, which includes an ostrich feather as they arrived the day before and I just couldn't help it! Photos in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment