Pages

Thursday 24 May 2018

Presents all round!!


What a lovely surprise this week when Matt brought home a tool belt for me! For many nights, he has listened to me moan and curse as I can't find the thread, the snips, the pliers, my glasses, that I just put down! It's looking pretty bare right now, but it is going to get very organised, and possibly a bit sparkly as time goes on! Who needs birthdays or Christmas - this is what real gift giving is about - 'saw this and thought of you'.

In the throes of finishing 'Lichen Morphology' for paper on skin, I needed to explore what fabrics were out there for my undergarment. Unfortunately, I didn't find anything which fit the bill, but I did find two lovely sparklies for myself - the first from Trad's, (above) which I think would make a nice dress to wear for my Alumni Speech at the TAFE graduation next month, and the second screams 'WOW'!! Two-way multicoloured sequins in a pattern on black stretch velvet!! YAAAAHHH!!!

As I mentioned, I am currently finishing 'Lichen Morphology', which involves stitching through wire/fabric/painted papier-mâché - firmly firm - involves pliers and many 'ouches' as the needle pops out unexpectedly - and a few random blood spots. Once again, I am struggling with my phone as my fingerprint can no longer unlock it!
Weird things happening with font - I cannot deal right now - at least it's English, unlike my car, which today switched to German. Perhaps in anticipation of its replacement by the kombi aka the Sturmpanzerwagen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment